Monday, May 12, 2008

About Me

Hmm..so about me. I guess we will start with the basics: I'm 19 years old, and have been at Sierra College for two years now. I'm transferring to Sacramento State in the fall to get my Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. From there I plan on going to Optometry school at Berkeley. I graduated from Granite Bay High School in 2007. I did my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college at the same time, if you were confused about the dates. I currently work at Lenscrafters and Eye Exam of California, and have been for about 7 months now. I got the job to make sure that I wanted to become an optometrist, or an eye doctor, for those of you that didn't know. I absolutely love it there and it has definitely made my calling more apparent. I also work at Longs Drugs as a bookkeeper. I have been there for over 3 years, as it was my first job ever. I'm in the process of finally quitting though.

As far as my personal life goes, I have a boyfriend who I spend most of my time with. He and I were best friends before we starting dating in late 2007. I watch The Office on a regular basis, and must admit that I am addicted to Professional Wrestling. Other than those things, I have pretty much no time for anything else.

Any questions let me know!

5 comments:

Michelle Pacansky-Brock said...

Hi Marissa, welcome to our class. You sound very focused on your career goals (no pun intended). Good for you. My husband and I also love The Office. Enjoy the class and let me know if you need any help along the way.
Michelle

Misha said...

Chemistry....wow you are in for a treat, I just finished the organic chemistry series at Sierra, LOVED the teacher (Mark Springsteel) he is awesome, as for all the other aspects, good luck. And optometry is a good choice, I was thinking about it too....

George Tilton said...

Hey Marissa, another class together! How did your calc final go?

KristinaHarrison said...

I was a chemistry major until I realized I was NO GOOD at anything really related to chemistry, but I guess I likes the idea. Well good luck with everything and wow you are awesome doing senior year and college classes at the same time...I think I just did the whole lazy senior thing. Well I am sure you will enjoy this class hope to hear more from you!

KristinaHarrison said...

HMM I haven't heard of Mr. Burns but I am happy that I didn't take him!!!! Thank you for everything you said. I am sure that you are going to do awesome in school as well.